Wednesday 21 October 2015

HIS PRESENCE IS FEARSOME



HIS PRESENCE IS FEARSOME
 Text: Psalms 114:3-8

3 The sea saw it, and fled: Jordan was driven back.

4 The mountains skipped like rams, and the little hills like lambs.

5 What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest? Thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?

6 Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams; and ye little hills, like lambs?

7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;

8 Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters.

In the time of the Old Testament, people of God went about with an Ark borne of four men. This Ark signifies Divine Presence. Divine Presence is the manifestation of God among men.

Joshua 3:15-17 reveals how amazing Divine Presence can be. The Priests bore the Ark of Covenant; they stood in the middle of Jordan with it. The fear of Divine Presence gripped Jordan, it rolled back, and it remained so until the people of God had gone through.

The Presence of God gives rest, Exodus 33:14. No matter what you might have been going through, once God steps in, He takes over from you. He fights the battle and gives rest to His own. No wonder Bishop Abioye once said: “You can’t carry Divine Presence and be molested among men”.

On one of our glorious service days in my place of worship, my Pastor called me up for the opening prayer. God was there on the podium before me. He then led me to sing some songs to hand things over to Him; by His grace, I did and He took over. The whole place became filled and unusually lively. There was a great change in the Atmosphere. I sensed He had taken over. I felt a rattling in my bones, but it was prevalent around my knees which signals that I should be on my knees before Him; how amazing! I have had and still have countless of such encounters, which is why I always stood in awe of Him.

God’s presence is now more mobile than ever. He is everywhere. You no longer have to go about with arks or boxes. You can become a carrier of His presence; you can also feel Him and have an unforgettable encounter with Him. But remember, the purer you are, the closer God becomes.

Praise will always entice God, that’s where He always wants to be, Psalm 22:3. When you offer up praises to Him, His presence will surely come.

Tap into that presence and enjoy the benefits, Psalms 16:11b.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers

We appreciate your presence here today. The comment box has been made active for your use should you have a contribution to any of our posts. Do you have a post you want us to publish for you? Then contact us on amosbabatundejayesimi7@gmail.com. Please remember to use the share button(s) to invite people to be part of this blog.
Thanks once again!